Recent SSE News and Events:
On Tuesday, Nov. 15, Debra Willard from the U.S. Geological Survey in Reston VA, gave an intriguing talk on the topic of "Pollen Analysis as a Tool for Forensic Analysis of Trace Evidence". This was the third lecture in the 2016-2017 Harrington STEM Lecture Series. View the lecture here.
School of Science and Engineering Vision:
We aspire to become the best school of science and engineering at a comprehensive college in the United States.
In all aspects of our mission as a regional, state-supported institution, we are committed to inclusivity and diversity and equitable access to a high-quality education.
- Provide a rigorous education in math, science, and engineering using evidence-based pedagogies that, in addition to the expected technical skills, emphasizes problem solving, communication skills, creative thinking and teamwork.
- Provide rigorous general education and introductory courses in math, sciences, and engineering which students can integrate within their majors and promote a life-long interest in our fields.
- Engage in research that contributes knowledge to our fields and in scholarship that applies our knowledge to other fields.
- Engage undergraduate students in real-world research and projects.
- Support STEM education within the Mid-Hudson Valley, beyond our own students. This includes preparing math and science students for careers in secondary education as well as educating the public about STEM related issues.
- Offer graduate programs consistent with regional needs and opportunities.
- Contribute to the economic vitality of the region by supporting regional companies in research and development with expertise and access to resources.
Daniel Freedman, Dean
Thomas Nolen, Associate Dean
Rebecca LaVallee, Assistant to the Dean
Mary Panchyshyn, Secretary 2
Old Main, B120
SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2443