School of Science and Engineering Vision:
We aspire to become the best school of science and engineering at a comprehensive college in the United States.
In all aspects of our mission as a regional, state-supported institution, we are committed to inclusivity and diversity and equitable access to a high-quality education.
- Provide a rigorous education in math, science, and engineering using evidence-based pedagogies that, in addition to the expected technical skills, emphasizes problem solving, communication skills, creative thinking and teamwork.
- Provide rigorous general education and introductory courses in math, sciences, and engineering which students can integrate within their majors and promote a life-long interest in our fields.
- Engage in research that contributes knowledge to our fields and in scholarship that applies our knowledge to other fields.
- Engage undergraduate students in real-world research and projects.
- Support STEM education within the Mid-Hudson Valley, beyond our own students. This includes preparing math and science students for careers in secondary education as well as educating the public about STEM related issues.
- Offer graduate programs consistent with regional needs and opportunities.
- Contribute to the economic vitality of the region by supporting regional companies in research and development with expertise and access to resources.
Recent and Upcoming Events:
In Defense of Science - Climate Crisis and Renewable Energy
Wednesday, April 26
7:00 p.m. Coykendall Science Building Auditorium
Join us for this lecture featuring Dr. Jeff Freedman, an associate at the Atmospheric Sciences Research Center at University at Albany. Dr. Freedman will address the implications of the Trump Administration's attack on climate science and the possibility of shifting to a renewable energy system. Q & A will follow the lecture.
Free and open to the public.
Join us to view years of hard work and academic preparation by our engineering Design I and II students, culminating in the design and implementation of a working prototype or invention. Read about our previous Engineering Sr. Design EXPO.
Daniel Freedman, Dean
Thomas Nolen, Associate Dean
Rebecca LaVallee, Assistant to the Dean
Mary Panchyshyn, Secretary 2
Science Hall, Room 153
SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2443