The State University of New York at New Paltz University Police Department is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the educational mission of the college.
The University Police Department provides service by adhering to the following principles:
- Respect – Every individual will be treated with respect.
- Education – Every interaction is an educational opportunity.
- Diversity – Recognize and appreciate the values each individual brings to the campus.
- Commitment – To the mission of the college. Strive for personal and professional excellence.
- Participation – Be an integral part of and participate in the life of the college.
- Integrity – Do the right thing for the right reason when nobody is watching.
Vision and Goals
- Provide protection of persons and property through crime and loss prevention initiatives.
- Achieve voluntary compliance with rules, regulations, ordinances, and laws through equal application of enforcement.
- Establish a cohesive and supportive work environment – one that encourages innovation with an emphasis on the quality of service.
- Promote campus-wide awareness of safety issues.
- Continue to develop a University Police Department that is a forerunner in the field, widely respected and trusted.
For emergencies on campus, dial x911
UPD Anonymous Tip Line 845-257-2230
Contact the department:
University Police Department
SUNY New Paltz
David Dugatkin, Chief of Police
1 Hawk Drive, Service Building #100
New Paltz, NY 12561-2443
Office: Service Building 100
Phone: (845) 257-2222
TTY: (845) 257-3369
Fax: (845) 257-3334
Department email: email@example.com