The SUNY College at New Paltz is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000) www.msche.org. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Visit our Middle States Accreditation website for more information and our Statement of Accreditation Status.
The College is also accredited by:
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
and is approved as a degree-granting institution by the Trustees of the State University of New York and the Regents of New York State.
Academic programs with national accreditation or certification include the following:
- School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- The Professional Education Unit and the School of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), 2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036; phone: 202-466-7496, under the Legacy Standards of the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs. CAEP is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation to accredit programs for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel. The School of Education has initiated the accreditation process for the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), P.O. Box 7511, Fairfax Station, VA 22039. AAQEP is seeking recognition by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and has been an approved option for continuous accreditation in New York State as outlined in NYSED regulation 8 CRR-NY 52.21(c)(6)(iii)(b)(2).
- The graduate program in Music Therapy is accredited by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
- Chemistry curriculum is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Computer, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Master of Science program in speech-language pathology (Department of Communication Disorders) is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, MD, 20850, phone: 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
- The Center for Student Success is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
In addition, the Haggerty English Language Program is a member of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).