Our focus is on student learning and student success.
The Center for Student Success promotes student learning, academic engagement, and timely degree completion through the coordination of peer-based academic support programs and the management of the College’s Academic Success Referral System, Starfish Early Alert.
Through collaborative efforts with faculty, academic departments and student services, the Center provides an inclusive, student-oriented learning environment which stimulates academic engagement and the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and personal attributes in support of lifelong learning.
Our Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of participation in our services (peer advising, writers’ studio, subject tutoring), students will:
- Be able to identify skills and strategies to study effectively, manage time, and set and achieve academic goals.
- Be able to utilize skills and strategies to solve novel problems across academic disciplines and overcome obstacles to learning.
- Gain confidence in their ability to persist in their academic pathway at New Paltz toward a timely graduation.
Students employed at the Center for Student Success (Peer Advisors, Peer Writing Consultants, and Peer Subject Tutors) will:
- Develop a comprehensive set of skills and tools to communicate effectively in order to build rapport, facilitate learning, and work across differences.
- Develop a personal leadership style that leverages individual strengths and guides and motivates peers.
Old Main Building, Room B106
1 Hawk Dr.
New Paltz, NY 12561