The mission of the Office of Communication & Marketing is to effectively communicate the University's messages in harmony with the University's identity, mission and vision. The Office supports the University’s strategic plan priority to enhance the public perception of SUNY New Paltz and increase its impact and visibility in the region. The Office:
- Ensures consistency, accuracy and clarity in University-wide messaging and visual identity
- Delivers effective and appropriate communication for internal and external audiences
- Provides creativity and quality in concept, presentation and production of print and web communications for departments across campus
- Monitors and responds to public issues and perceptions
- Offers guidance and support for University events
- Directs and manages advertising and marketing efforts in coordination with campus partners
The Office of Communication & Marketing integrates services in design, print and mail, photo and video, media relations, advertising, internal communications, web and social media management. These areas share expertise and provide outreach to units across campus through the liaison model.
Our audiences include prospective and current students and their families; campus faculty and staff; our community of tens of thousands of alumni; potential donors and professional partners; neighboring communities and organizations; and local, state and federal elected officials and agencies.
Stop by our office (Haggerty Administration Building, Room 411) or call us at 845-257-3245 if you have any questions.