New Paltz has been an active participant in international education for more than 100 years. Today, 600 students from more than 50 different countries are enrolled. Students are able to choose from undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree programs. Part of the State University of New York, New Paltz is a comprehensive regional university.
Make your academic program abroad an exciting and productive experience. By choosing the State University of New York at New Paltz, you will have several important advantages:
- Our location midway between the cultural center of New York City and the political hub of the state capital, Albany
- Program offerings in Business, Engineering and Science, Fine and Performing Arts, Education and Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Faculty and staff who excel in teaching and advising international students
- A highly regarded Intensive English Program
We encourage you to explore the many opportunities available to international students!
International Undergraduate Application Information
- Completion and submission of the SUNY Undergraduate Application for Admission.
Apply online now!
- Applicants must submit all official documentation to the address below. Required documentation includes
- Official transcripts. Please ask your school to send us an official transcript in English or a certified translation if the original is not in English.
a. Freshman applicants should provide secondary school transcripts and proof of graduation.
b. Transfer applicants should provide university transcripts. High school transcripts are also required of applicants who have not completed a full year of study at the university level.
- A personal essay of 250 words or more (FSA-2). You may choose the topic for your autobiographical essay.
- For International Students who are completing high school in the United States only -- results of either the SAT or ACT must be provided.
- Foreign Student Financial Form (FSA-4) with original financial documents verifying the availability of funding for undergraduate study in the United States.
- A clear photocopy of the identification page of your passport.
International Student Programs
van den Berg Hall Room 201
SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
If you have questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-257-3040. We hope to hear from you!
International Application Due Dates
Complete freshmen international applications must be received by:
Fall semester – April 1
Complete transfer international applications must be received by:
Fall semester – April 1
Spring semester – Dec. 1
Dates are subject to change.
New Paltz is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, certain programs carry professional accreditation: Art, Education, Communication Disorders, Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Music, Music Therapy, Theatre Arts.
Approximately 6,100 full-time undergraduate students, 1,00 graduate students, 600 international students from more than 50 countries.
The village of New Paltz is 95 miles north of New York City, easily accessible by bus or private car. The campus is within walking distance of stores, cinemas, banks and restaurants.
A spacious campus of rolling fields, woods and ponds, located on 357 acres, contains 47 major buildings with special facilities to support the academic work of our students and faculty.
USA Today placed New Paltz among the top group of United States colleges for our safety policies and procedures.
Four seasons, average temperature is -3C in January and 23C in July.
Thirty-five intramural programs as well as 14 intercollegiate sports including soccer (football), basketball, swimming, tennis, and volleyball; concerts; movies and theater; clubs and organizations; activities and events every year including dances, skiing, hiking, rock climbing, trips to Washington D.C., New York City, and Albany (capital of New York State).
It normally requires four years to complete a bachelor's degree. Additional time may be required if the student needs to develop and refine his/her English skills.
New Paltz offers nearly 100 programs leading to the following degrees:
Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Fine Arts. Popular programs include: accounting, business administration, electrical engineering, computer engineering, fine arts, computer science, education, media/radio & TV production.
New Paltz offers about 50 programs leading to the following degrees, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Business Administration. Popular Programs include:
computer science, electrical engineering, fine arts, business administration, accounting and education.
The Haggerty English Language Program offers intensive instruction to students who need to improve their English proficiency in preparation for enrollment in university programs. It is one of only 52 ESL institutes nationwide accepted for membership by the Consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).
Approximately 335 full-time faculty. 83% hold doctorates or highest degree in their field. Faculty-to-student ratio is about 1 to 16.