| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

photo of the SUNY New Paltz campus

Admissions: Transfer & Second Degree Students Enroll Now

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Steps to Enrollment 

A.  Submit your $150 Pre-Enrollment Deposit (PED) (required of all students).

Fall Enrollment:  PED due by May 1 or 10 days of date of acceptance if accepted after May 1.

Spring Enrollment:  PED due 10 days of date of acceptance.

       Pay one of three ways!

          You can use VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or ACH check.

  • Telephone: Call (845) 257-3150 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday

          Pay by either VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.

  • Mail: Check or money orders payable to: SUNY New Paltz

          Mail to:
          Student Accounts
          SUNY New Paltz
          1 Hawk Drive
          New Paltz, NY 12561

Deposit (PED) Refund Information.

The PED may be refunded if a written request for a refund is received in the Office of Student Accounts as follows:

  • Fall Enrollment - by May 1 (or if accepted after May 1, 30 days after the date of acceptance).
  • Spring Enrollment - by Nov. 1 (or if accepted after Nov. 1, 30 days after the date of acceptance).

In no case will refunds be considered if the written request is received after the official first day of classes for that semester (SUNY Administrative Policies 057.7).

B.  Sign up for Orientation & Course Registration.

All accepted transfer students must attend a one-day Transfer Orientation/Course Registration session. Academic advisement, explanations of college academic policies and procedures, and registration for courses are important parts of each session. Information on Transfer Orientation and Course Registration can be found on the Office of Student Development Web site.  For questions regarding Transfer Orientation, contact the Office of Student Development at 845.257.3088 or via email at

C.  Submit your final college transcript.

You need to request that your previous college Registrar's Office forward an official, final transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admission so that your credit evaluation can be finalized. Your final transcript needs to be received by the mid-point of your first semester at New Paltz.  Transcripts received after this date are not guaranteed a credit evaluation and transfer of credit.

An official, final copy of your high school transcript is also required to determine New York State residency for tuition purposes. 

D.  I've earned college, AP, IB credit in high school; how do I receive that credit at New Paltz?

If you have received credit for college-level course taken in high school, as well as AP and IB course work, you need to submit official transcripts/score reports in order to receive this credit at New Paltz.  Credit is not granted based on notations on your current college transcript(s).

  • College transcripts:  Request an official transcript from each college where you have taken courses be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
  • Advanced Placement (AP): Request the College Board to forward your AP scores directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.  Scores posted on college transcripts are not accepted.
  • International Baccalaureate (IB):  Request the International Baccalaureate Organization to forward your IB results directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.  Scores posted on college transcripts are not accepted.

E.  Financial Aid.

Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for consideration for any federal, state, private grant or loan program.  The FAFSA can be submitted anytime after January 1; the sooner the better.  The SUNY New Paltz FAFSA code is 002846.  For the NYS Tuition Assistance Program, the New Paltz TAp code is 0925.  Further financial aid information can be found on the New Paltz Financial Aid web page, or by calling (845) 257-3250.

F.  Housing Information.

At present, on-campus housing is not available for transfer students.

G.  Submit Health Report and Physician’s Certificate of Immunization

All new students, regardless of age, number of credits taken, or previous college attendance, are required by New York State to submit the Health Report and Physician’s Certificate of Immunization. Visit the Student Health Center website for the necessary forms and instructions.  This form needs to be received the the Student Health Center by the first day of classes.