Skip To Main Content
TRANSFERRING YOUR CREDITS
- SUNY New Paltz will accept a maximum of 70 credits from an accredited two-year college and a maximum of 90 credits from an accredited four-year college or university. All courses with a grade of “C-“ or better are eligible for transfer; however each academic department reserves the right to determine the transferability of coursework that relates to a student’s major. Unfortunately, SUNY New Paltz does not award life-experience credit.
- A maximum of 15 non-liberal arts credits may be awarded for course work taken within government agencies, industry, the armed services or other non-collegiate settings. All transcripts should be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admission, and once the evaluation is completed, the Office of Undergraduate Admssion will email the student the evaluation.
- Students who are transferring from a SUNY or CUNY two or four-year school that have satisfied a general education requirement at their previous school will have that general education met at New Paltz. Students looking to complete general education requirements at another SUNY college may search suny.edu/attend/academics/genedreq to choose appropriate courses.
- Along with the SUNY mobility website, students can explore course equivalencies from over 1,000 two and four-year colleges throughout the world on the New Paltz Transfer Credit Equivalency website.
- Articulation agreements can be found here: https://www.newpaltz.edu/acadaff/articulation/
- In addition, SUNY New Paltz also accepts Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and College Level Examination Program credits. Credit cannot be granted based on notations on your current college transcript.