Study Abroad Update, Fall 2021
To the New Paltz Community,
As the Fall 2021 semester begins and we welcome you back to campus, we are excited about Global Learning here on the New Paltz campus! New international students have arrived, the East West and Romance Languages Living and Learning Communities have exciting programs, and students in the Global Engagement Program have secured some amazing internships for an unique integrated learning experience!
Although study travel is suspended for the fall semester, plans are moving forward to safely open a select number of opportunities in the spring 2022 semester. You will hear about these programs through our social media platforms and this website, as well as in-person and virtual class visits, the campus events calendar, and, of course, the upcoming Study Abroad Fair!
What can you do now to prepare for your future Study Abroad experience?
- Look for our Study Abroad Advisors, international exchange students, faculty who lead programs abroad, and campus services offices at the Study Abroad Fair outside at the Student Union Building on the Concourse, Tuesday, September 7 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Apply for a passport – or better yet, participate in the raffle to get a free passport! The Center for International Programs is sponsoring 5 free passport applications! The lucky winners will be announced at the Study Abroad Fair.
- Review options for semester, summer and academic year program and find the best match for you!
- Talk to your academic advisor and EOP advisor and review your major’s 8 semester plan to determine the best time for you to study abroad.
- Look at these fabulous photos taken by New Paltz students who studied abroad and dream of waking up in Milan, Guadalajara, London, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Limerick, or Cairo amongst other amazing study abroad destinations!
- Start your application – it is not too early to apply!
Over the summer the Center for International Programs staff returned to our office on campus and are preparing for your arrival. We are here to support Global Learning for each New Paltz student and look forward to seeing you soon!
With hopeful anticipation,
Beth Mugler Vargas
Center for International Programs
View the latest information and updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) from SUNY New Paltz.
Questions? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page or email email@example.com.