Fall 2023 New Paltz Abroad Photo Contest
Share your study abroad photos with CIP and the SUNY New Paltz community! We know that you all had an amazing experience studying abroad and probably have many photos from your time. Choose up to four photos that exemplify your experience!
(each photo must be submitted separately)
Photo Contest Categories
- Global Classroom: Photos that capture active learning happening in a non-traditional classroom setting.
- Essence of your Experience: Photos that capture your experience throughout the term spent in your host city.
- Postcard Picture: Photos that capture the landscape and culture of your host country.
- Hawks Abroad: Photos that capture New Paltz (and other SUNY) students and reflect the overall study abroad experience. Student(s) must be in the photo.
Winners will receive graduation stoles. Stoles will be given out in the late spring, closer to graduation.
How to Enter the Photo Contest
Photo contest submissions must be entered via the required Google Form and are due by Friday, November 17, 2023 at 4:00 pm! Please submit a new form for each separate photo submission. Winners will be announced by the end of fall semester.
Rules & Requirements
- Submissions may be submitted by any student studying on a SUNY New Paltz-administered study abroad program or a matriculated SUNY New Paltz students studying on a program through a different SUNY campus.
- Each participant may submit up to four photos total, a maximum of one photo per category.
- Photos must have been taken during a credit-bearing, study abroad program during Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Winter/Intersession 2023, Spring 2023, or Summer 2023.
- Photos must have been taken either by the student or include the student; photos from professional photographers will not be accepted. Students must hold the rights to the photos they submit.
- Photos showing risky or prohibited activities will not be considered.
- Photos must be high resolution and submitted in JPEG, PNG, or TIFF format to the Center for International Programs via the required Google Form. Note that photos taken within and saved from applications such as Snapchat and Instagram are not high resolution! Submitted photos that are not high resolution will not be considered.
- Photos cannot be Photoshopped or highly altered using editing applications or programs.
See past submissions