Communication & Marketing
- The office effectively and attractively conveys the New Paltz story to prospective/current students, their families, faculty, staff, alumni, potential donors, and off-campus communities and organizations through its various communication vehicles including print, web, video, photography, media relations, social media, marketing, and advertising.
- The office continuously works to integrate its services by sharing expertise and providing outreach to other campus units regarding marketing, media relations, digital media, and design and print services. The office’s newest effort in this regard is the offering of a Communication Skills Series.
- Part of the office’s mission is to provide consistency, accuracy, and clarity across all content in order to achieve the best possible messaging for internal and external audiences.
- In 2012-2013, the office handled 5,486 print and design jobs; produced 21 recruitment and marketing videos; processed 48,350 packages and 134,463 pieces of mail; approved 3,093 website updates and trained 64 users on the campus content management system; processed 559 web work orders; and had approximately 750 campus stories placed in local, regional, and national media outlets. Also during this time, the campus website garnered 4,809,537 visits, including 1,657,527 unique visitors.
- Office staff members have won several awards from the SUNY Council for University Advancement for website design, print design (posters, specialty pieces, etc.), and other campus marketing initiatives.
- In 2013, the office adopted a liaison-unit rep model in order to gain deeper knowledge of campus programs and people, maximize and streamline interaction between the office and campus units, and more effectively tell the New Paltz story.