- Psychology faculty members write and publish works for well-known blogs, publications, and documentaries, and often speak at events at other colleges, teach practicums, direct off-campus workshops, and are interviewed by media. Many have garnered recognition such as the Provost Awards; the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Scholarship; the Chancellor’s Award for Teaching; and the Alumni Association Teacher Award.
- Students graduate with preparation that will bring them success in future endeavors, including master’s/doctoral programs, teaching, and jobs in public service and healthcare. Business students with psychology training are able to apply communication, logic, and analytic skills to their jobs.
- Student internships are offered throughout the academic year at an array of organizations, providing learning experience outside the classroom that prepares students for graduate study and employment.
- Students collaborate on research with professors by presenting at conferences and writing articles for industry journals, and faculty also frequently nominate students for awards. These are accomplishments that can help them get into great graduate programs and begin great careers.
- The Department continues to strengthen local partnerships by reaching out to experts and organizations to participate in special events such as the Institute for Disaster Mental Health conferences and the Evolutionary Studies Speaker Series. In-service learning credits for teachers and the general public are also offered.