Office of Student Financial Services
- The Office of Student Financial Services consistently ranks in the top tier of SUNY financial aid offices in the student opinion survey for customer service satisfaction. The office at New Paltz is regularly consulted as a "best practices" standard for other campuses as well as a resource for auditors and public policy makers.
- Staff members average 20 or more years of experience in financial aid, among the highest averages of all state college aid offices.
- State-of-the-art counseling and financial literacy practices assist the College in achieving high student retention and graduation rates that exceed state and national averages, while at the same time maintaining a loan repayment default rate far below state and national averages.
- Assisting students and the community with creating and filling part-time job opportunities via our JOB Locator program has benefited many local businesses while helping students offset the costs of their education.
- Since 1985, the office has garnered 10 state awards for service, a National Association of Student Financial Aid award for being the first state association to use internet technology, and other accolades.