Graduate & Extended Learning
- With more than 50 programs, Graduate Studies at SUNY New Paltz is the largest in the Hudson Valley and offers the second-greatest number of programs of any SUNY comprehensive college. Scholarships, including research funding, assistantships, and diversity fellowships, are available.
- New Paltz’s student-oriented atmosphere offers personalized attention from enrollment to graduation. Advisors work with students at every stage of the graduate experience.
- Many students need the option of accelerated or flexible programs of study. New Paltz has a growing number of programs to help meet that need. Some programs offer options where you can complete your undergraduate and graduate degrees in five years. And some programs offer online, hybrid, or evening course work to make it easier to pursue a degree while working full time.
- Faculty are experts in their fields from a broad range of backgrounds. Many classes are taught by full-time tenured professors, several of whom have won various SUNY-wide awards. The size of the New Paltz campus supports small classes and allows faculty and staff to collaborate effectively with other departments.
- All graduate programs at New Paltz offer experiential learning opportunities, including teaching assistant positions, internships at well-known regional organizations, study abroad, and an on-campus clinical experience through the literacy program.
- Alumni are prepared with the intellectual engagement and professional training they need to find success after graduation. MFA students become professors, artists, and designers; MBA alumni obtain jobs at high-level companies; and others pursue their doctorate.