AMP & CSTEP
- Students work directly with professors on research projects, which culminate in final presentations. Students are coached by communication professors in conveying scientific ideas to a lay audience, a vital skill for professional development and making industry contacts.
- All activities are based on student needs. The program is committed to enhancing the student experience, including offering study abroad opportunities, tours of graduate schools, etc.
- Students’ majors are tailored to their interests. They are informed of all the scholarly opportunities available to them in a particular area of study.
- Alumni of the program have made gifts/donations to AMP & CSTEP in recognition of their positive experiences, and there have been instances where multiple members of the same family have participated in the program.
- Director Reena DePaolo was awarded the 2014 Association for Program Administrators of CSTEP and STEP Award of Distinction. Project Director Stacie Nunes was awarded the State University of New York Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service for 2012-2013.