If you are a department chair, program director or secretary, you are likely responsible for your department/program website's content. The Office of Communication & Marketing offers two methods* for updating your website:
- Self-service using TerminalFour, the university's content management system
- Individual website update requests
TerminalFour is the main content management system utilized by New Paltz to maintain the university's main website, www.newpaltz.edu. Using this system, it is possible for faculty/staff with no formal technical training to keep their department website up to date, including the ability to edit text, add and remove images, add and remove pages, and reorganize the main navigational links.
The Office of Communication & Marketing also allows for faculty/staff to submit individual website update requests, which will be processed in the order they are received. Generally, updates are made within five business days of receipt.
The Office of Communication & Marketing provides support for the use of mass email marketing services. We offer branded templates, training on the use of the University’s mass email marketing tool, and limited support in the creation and sending emailing to groups. Features and Benefits:
- Mass email is a critical piece of business communication, and can be used to reach thousands of users with minimal cost.
- Templates developed by OCM ensure brand recognition and professional-level design.
- OCM can guide department heads or program coordinators through the process of developing a distribution list and sending emails to thousands of potential customers.
The Office of Communication & Marketing collaborates with Information Technology Services in the administration of the Campus Digital Signage. The signs consist of a digital display, controller hardware, and the signage software, and are managed by requesting departments/buildings/programs. OCM maintains branded templates for all signs and provides training on the use of the content management tools used to manage the signs.