Autumn 2018 Training Classes:
Coming up this semester:
- Working with Challenging People
- Email Etiquette / Tips & Tricks
- Conflict Management
- Time and Organization Management
- Using the New Personnel Action Form
- Counseling & Counseling Memos
- Setting Expectations for Professionals
- UUP Performance Evaluations
- Benefits Information Sessions (Understanding Your Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts Info Sessions, Health Care Open Enrollment Info Sessions )
- Financial Planning Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Wellness Breaks
(To register for a class, click on the date and time information)
Setting Expectations for Professionals (New Sessions Added)
The Office of Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion recently announced the roll-out to the campus community of a new UUP Performance Program template. This is the next phase of ongoing work in Human Resources to establish consistent practices across campus for recruitment and hiring with an emphasis on creating clear expectations across an individual's employment experience at SUNY New Paltz.
To support this transition, we are offering multiple training opportunities, beginning with two sessions in April. The training will address the new elements of the performance program template and how to establish SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results-focused, and Time-bound) goals for the year ahead, and share some best practices for making the most out of annual feedback conversations.
This training is open to both UUP professionals and individuals who supervise UUP professionals.
Professional Skills Classes:
Email Etiquette - Thursday, September 13, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
This session will provide guidelines for writing and sending clearer, more concise emails. We'll cover the subject line, setting the right tone with the greeting and closing, and talk about formatting tips to make your emails easier to read (and more likely to get a response)
Working with Challenging People - Tuesday, September 25, 9:00 - 11:00 AM