Spring 2019 Training:
Coming up this semester:
- The Retirement Ready series (retirement planning; financial planning; Social Security; retirement book club; and more!)
- DISC Workshops (Assessment & Overview; Working With Other Styles)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Excel Tips & Tricks (Beginner/Intermediate)
- Introduction to MS Access
- Email Etiquette + Office 365 Tips
Counseling& Counseling Memos
- Wellness Breaks (creative activities including
coloring, "Zentangle," and Origami)
- And more...
Retirement Ready Series:
For details and to register, select the session title below:
- Exploring Lifelong Learning - Monday April 8, 2:30-3:30
- Retirement Ready Book Club Session 1: "Taking Care of Yourself" - Friday April 12, 11:00-12:00
Professional Skills (select the time/date information to register):
Giving Effective Feedback
Helping employees to develop their professional skills requires setting clear expectations and specific goals, and providing useful, ongoing feedback. In this training we will cover best practices for setting objectives and then review step-by-step guidelines for conducting feedback conversations to support productivity and employee growth.
Introduction to Public Speaking</b> will offer an overview of the tools and techniques that support effective presentations or talks for professional purposes. The training will include information on how to prepare, understanding your public speaking "tells," share techniques for overcoming your nerves, and offer ways to become more comfortable speaking in front of others.
This session is interactive and will provide scenarios for participants to practice the concepts as they are covered.
Open to all members of the campus community with supervisor permission.
DISC Workshop (Part 2): Using Styles for Better Communication
This session is intended as a follow-up to "Understanding Your Style." We will move on to exploring how an understanding of the DISC framework and your own style can help you to identify the styles of others, and adapt your own style for better communication and interactions.
Process Training (select the time/date information to register):
UUP Performance Evaluations: Using the New Template
This training is recommended for supervisors of UUP-represented professional staff. Staff members are also welcome to attend. This training is a follow-up to the "Setting Expectations for professionals" sessions presented in 2018.
- Introduce the new UUP Performance Evaluation Template
- Explore different types of feedback and when each is most appropriate
- Review SMART goals and incorporating the SMART goal structure into the evaluation
- Discuss feedback as an ongoing, mutually beneficial process that supports the success of both managers and staff
UUP Performance Program Workshop
These workshops provide an opportunity for individuals working on translating old performance programs into the new template to get support and guidance as they work through that process.
During this open format workshop, assistance will be available from Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion staff to help address your questions about how to use the new UUP Performance Program template to communicate clear expectations.
Registration is required to ensure that each attendee is able to get individual attention and support.