SUNY New Paltz prides itself on providing a safe and equitable learning and working environment for all who study or are employed here. New Paltz continues to foster an inclusive and respectful campus culture for all members of the LGBTQ+ community.
New Paltz offers an array of support services for our LGBTQ+ students, faculty, and staff. These entities include:
- An LGBTQ Coordinator dedicated to providing broad support for the community.
- New Paltz Allies Program: A safe space program open to students, faculty, and staff. Participants attend a training workshop and receive an
Alliessticker to place on their office or residence hall door.
- Rivera House: An LGBTQ+ Living-Learning Community
- All Gender Restrooms
- Gender Inclusive Housing
- Chosen/Preferred Name Policy
- LGBTQ+ Campus Listservs
- LGBTQ+ Student Organizations
President Donald Christian and Emma Morcone (LGBTQ Coordinator) at the eleventh annual gala hosted by the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center.