- Pronouns 101
- LGBTQ+ Definitions
- LGBTQ Coordinator
- All Gender Restrooms
- Rivera House
- LGBTQ+ Career Resources
- Bias Reporting Form
- Psychological Counseling Center 845-257-2920
- OASIS/HAVEN 845-257-4945/845-257-4930
- University Police Department 845-257-2222
- Title IX (Sexual assault, sexual violence, and gender discrimination)
- Follow us on Instgram: @nplgbtq
- Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center
- Newburgh LGBTQ Center
- Mid-Hudson Valley Planned Parenthood Transgender and Gender-Nonconfirming Resource Guide
- Parents, Families
andFriends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
New Paltz Information and News
- Lavender Celebration
- Pronouns 101
- Letter from President and Executive Director for Compliance and Campus Climate to Campus Community on Task Force Report 2014
- Pronouns: How do you ask?
- Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression (American Psychological Association)
- Individuals with Intersex Conditions (American Psychological Association)
- A Resource Guide to Coming Out (Human Rights Campaign)
- Coming Out as a Straight Supporter (Human Rights Campaign)
- Coming Out as Transgender (Human Rights Campaign)
- Tips for Allies of Transgender People (GLAAD)
- Gender Spectrum
- GLSEN Pronoun Guide
A yearly celebratory event to honor and acknowledge the contributions of our LGBTQ+ identified graduating seniors. Lavender Ceremony typically happens in May of the Spring semester, with registration opening around March and closing mid-April.
Who is Lavender Celebration for?
- The Lavender Celebration is intended to honor those students who identify as LGBTQ+, both individually and as a group. If you happen to be a straight ally, you are absolutely welcome to attend the event as a guest, but you do NOT need to register. While anyone is welcome to attend, honorees will be students who are part of the LGBTQ+ Community.
What happens during the ceremony?
- Similar to graduation ceremonies, we will have several guest speakers. In addition, we will announce and read off each honoree’s name.
Who needs to register for Lavender Celebration?
- You only need to register if you wish to be honored as an LGBTQ+ student during the ceremony. If you simply wish to attend/watch the ceremony and support honorees, registration is not required.
How do I find out when registration opens or stay up to date with information?
- We will have sign-ups for more information on Lavender Ceremony available at the 100 Days Until Graduation event. Additionally, you can follow @nplgbtq on Instagram for more up-to-date information. Feel free to email Fresia Martinez Olivera at email@example.com with any questions.