Edit Page

Psychological Counseling Center

Psychological Counseling Center


What We Do

The Psychological Counseling Center (PCC) provides preventative and clinical services to the New Paltz campus community, to enhance a student's ability to succeed academically and participate fully in the college experience.  Group and individual psychotherapy, referral assistance, and emergency services are available for all currently-enrolled students. There is no charge for PCC services. 

Students who utilize our psychotherapy services may discuss in confidence any worries, distressing feelings, or difficult situations they are experiencing. Our goal is to assist students as they navigate life's challenges within the context of a rigorous and demanding academic environment.

The PCC is a department within the Division of Student Affairs.

How to Access Us

Call us at 845-257-2920 or walk in to the Student Health and Counseling Center building to make an appointment.  Our regular business hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our summer and winter recess hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.  Our FAX number is 845-257-3162.

We provide scheduled appointments and brief emergency appointments daily.

When mental health emergencies occur after-hours and on the weekends, contact the PCC "Emergency Contact for Student Consult" (ECSC) by calling the University Police Department (UPD) at 845-257-2222 and requesting assistance. UPD will contact the PCC "Emergency Contact" who will call you directly.

In the effort to secure clients' privacy and confidentiality, the PCC does not use email as a mode of communication with students regarding treatment or appointments.  All contacts with the PCC should be made by telephone or in person (walk-in).  Please note that PCC staff does not monitor email on a 24-hour basis, and therefore strongly advise that those seeking assistance when there are safety concerns, contact the PCC via telephone or walk-in.


We are located in the Student Health and Counseling Center.  It is the round building by the pond on Southside Loop Road, near Gage Hall.  Find us on the campus map.  Parking is provided for our clients in front of the building.