The following is a list of career resources that can be helpful for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, or Questioning.
"Out Professionals is the nation’s leading LGBT non-profit network, with close to 1,000 members and over 4,500 email subscribers representing dozens of different work backgrounds and 600+ companies."
Out & Equal
"Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s largest nonprofit organization specifically dedicated to creating safe and equitable workplaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people."
National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals
“We empower lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer individuals in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing education, advocacy, professional development, networking, and peer support ... We educate all communities regarding scientific, technological, and medical concerns of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people."
National Gay & Lesbian Task Force
"We bolster the strength of local LGBT activism in rural enclaves, small towns and cities nationwide. We build grassroots political muscle at every level by training activists, strengthening the infrastructure of local and state allies and organizing broad-based campaigns creating public support for full equality of LGBT people. Learn more about our Organizing & Training and Movement Building efforts."
Out for Work
“OFW functions as a complimentary component in the total educational experience of LGBT students, primarily in the development, evaluation, initiation, and implementation of career plans and opportunities. OFW’s programs, resources, and services provide assistance to students in the cultivation and enhancement of skills to explore career options, master job search techniques and strategies, and research employment opportunities.”
“Serves as a web-based community that includes resources and tools to help them connect with employers across multiple career fields. The site serves also as an avenue to look down for the latest diversity information and other resources to ensure that they achieve success in their career paths.”
Corporate Equaltiy Index 2018: Rating Workplaces on LGBTQ+ Equality
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation is committed to maintaining a rigorous, fair, attainable and transparent Corporate Equality Index rating system. Apart from the survey process itself, HRC Foundation staff work year-round to develop tools for employers to meet the criteria through online resources and direct consultation.
College Guide for LGBTQ Students
State & Federal Law:
- What You Should Know About EEOC: Enforcement Protections for LGBT Workers
- Transgender Law & Policy Institute
- Personal Finance Guide for LGBT
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP)
- National Gay Pilots Association (NGPA)
- American Veterans for Equal Rights (AVER)
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
- Out for Undergrad: Business Conference
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
- Lambda Legal
- Center for Gender Sanity
- GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- National LGBTQ Taskforce
- Out Professionals - Gay and Lesbian Networking
- Pride at Work: AFL-CIO
- True Colors Fund
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center
- National LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Financial Aid for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community
- LGBT Community Scholarships
- Financial Aid Links for LGBT Students
- Best Colleges Scholarship Guide
- Nitro - Scholarships for LGBTQ Students