Information for Faculty & Staff
The Career Resource Center staff works in collaboration with faculty and staff to help undergraduate and graduate students transition from the classroom to career.
How the Career Resource Center Collaborates with Faculty
- Bring a Career Specialist to your classroom!
- Class Presentation
- Don’t Cancel Class!
- Contact our office to schedule a presentation
- Integrate career assignments into your course curriculum
- Resume and/or cover letter
- An informational interview with a New Paltz alumna/us or other professional/employer
- Practice interview
- Utilize CRC resources to identify potential job and internship postings
- Link to our website!
- Consider linking the Career Resource Center website to your department website and to Blackboard as a part of your important resources
As you meet with students, refer them to the Career Resource Center
- Encourage students to visit our website to access our online resources
- Career Counseling
- Career Specialists are available by appointment to speak with students about majors, careers and other career concerns.
- ALL undergraduates, graduates and Alumni have unrestricted access to the Career Resource Center's online posting database for internship and full-time opportunities
- Students and Alumni can access here
- CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the # 1 request of job seekers: an easy to use web site to conduct and organize their job search.
- ToaccessCareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7, follow these instructions:
- Students - go to CareerShift - click "sign up now" and use your hawkmail account for immediate access.
- Alumni - Request free access to CareerShift by contacting the Career Resource Center by email or phone
- On-campus and Off-campus Job Fairs and Recruitment
- Writing Personal Statements
- Applying to Graduate School
- Drop-in Hours: Resume and Cover Letter Writing
Faculty Internship Supervisors
Please use this resource when acting as a supervisor for students credit-bearing internships