Before You Begin Your Job Search, Prepare Job Search Documents
How to Find Job Openings
- HawkHire - Job board and company information resource for SUNY New Paltz students and alumni. The majority of the postings are specifically for SUNY New Paltz students and graduates
- CareerShift - Hyper-aggressive job and contact aggregator
- Students - Go to CareerShift and use your hawkmail account for immediate access.
- Alumni - Request free access to CareerShift by contacting the Career Resource Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 845-257-3265
- New Paltz Career and Mentorship Network (sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations). Connect with and receive advice from alumni/a.
- Check the Off-Campus Job Fairs and Recruiting section of the Career Resource Center’s page for listings.
- Professional associations
- The Gateway to Associations Online provides a comprehensive directory to web sites of professional associations.
- For more information on building your linkedin profile utilize the Building a Great Student LinkedIn Profile tip sheet.
- Chambers of Commerce
- Business Journals and Book of Lists
- Start by going to ABYZ New Links for a list of the entire local and state news journals of the cities you’re interested in.
- Additional Job Search Resources:
For more information on searching for jobs please access our tip sheet
Company Research Resources (Sojourner Truth Library)