Before You Begin Your Job Search, Prepare Job Search Documents
How to Find Job Openings
- Handshake (replacing HawkHire)- Job board and company information resource for SUNY New Paltz students and alumni. 3 simple steps for students and alumni to activate their new Handshake account:
- Navigate to app.joinhandshake.com
- Select your school from the dropdown
- Complete your profile
And the rest of the activation and on-boarding will be explained to students along the way!
- CareerShift - Hyper-aggressive job and contact aggregator
- Students - Go to CareerShift and use your newpaltz.edu email account for immediate access.
- Alumni - Request free access to CareerShift by contacting the Career Resource Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 845-257-3265.
- Indeed.com - Watch an in-depth presentation on the advanced search features with SUNY New Paltz Alum and Indeed.com Client Services Manager, Sean Haberkorn.
- SUNY New Paltz Alumni Orange and Blue Network (sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations). Connect with and receive advice from alumni/a.
- - Over 100 job boards based on area of interest, management trainee opportunities, professional organizations, and specific populations.
- Job Search and Professional Association Resource by Industry - Useful sites for specific majors and career paths.
- Off-Campus Job Fairs and Recruiting section of the Career Resource Center’s page for listings.
- Professional associations
- The Gateway to Associations Online provides a comprehensive directory to websites of professional associations.
- For more information on building your Linkedin profile utilize the Building a Great Student LinkedIn Profile tip sheet.
- Chambers of Commerce
- Business Journals and Book of Lists
- Start by going to ABYZ New Links for a list of the entire local and state news journals of the cities you’re interested in.
- Company Research Resources (Sojourner Truth Library)
- Additional Job Search Resources:
For more information on searching for jobs please access our