How Can the Career Resource Center Assist Me
With Finding an Internship?
The Career Resource Center can assist students with identifying internship opportunities, creating application materials and preparing for interviews. Please use our student guide for applying to internships for more information on how to prepare and where to search for internships.
Relevant Internship Links:
- Fieldwork Form
- First-Year Internship Program
- School of Business
- Departments of Communication and Digital Media & Journalism
CAS Internship Stipend Program
The CAS Internship Stipend Program is a highly selective and competitive program that offers a limited number of scholarship stipends up to $2,000 for the fall and spring semesters to students involved in a semester-long internship or student teaching placement. Students participating in a full-time (20+ hours per week) summer internship may be eligible for a scholarship stipend in an amount up to $3,000. For more information see the CAS Internship Stipend application.
CAS Internship Stipend Application Deadlines
Fall 2018 - Fri. August 31, 2018
Spring 2019 - Fri. December 7, 2018
Summer 2019 - Fri. April 26, 2019
Important information about internships for academic credit
- SUNY New Paltz's Internship Program is an academic program where students work/intern at companies related to their academic major or minor.
- Student interns can receive 1-15 credits towards their degree requirements.
- A SUNY New Paltz faculty member from a student’s major or minor department will supervise each intern. The faculty member will assign academic work and award a final grade.
- The internship can be paid or unpaid.
- Follow these steps to earn academic credit for your internship.
Please take our Internship Survey!
For more information, contact:
Career Resource Center
Humanities Classroom Building, Room 105