Madelyn Colonna, 2023-24
Brooke Cammann, 2022-23
Mya Bailey, 2022-23
Shay Steuart, 2021-22
Harrison Morris, 2021-22
Clara Pierson, 2020-21
Sophie Cook, 2019-20
Tess Ferguson, 2019-20
Lauren Diener, 2018-19
$1000 Scholarship Awarded to Art History Majors Annually
Prior Recipients May Reapply.
The Art History Award was established to be awarded two SUNY New Paltz students, pursuing undergraduate degrees in Art History. Successful candidates for this award will show exceptional enthusiasm for their discipline of study that will be demonstrated in an application essay as well as by maintaining a GPA of no less than 3.2 with a preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher within their major and overall. Recipients must be full time Art History majors and will be selected for their achievement and promise in this field. Prior recipients may reapply.
- Why are you an Art History major? Please describe what inspired you to choose this discipline of study and why Art History it is important.
- Do you have a minimum GPA of 3.2 within the major and overall?
- Applicants can request a letter of recommendation by submitting the email address of the person you wish a recommendation from. You should notify these individuals to expect an email. You are responsible for ensuring the recommendations are submitted by the application deadline. Please use their newpaltz.edu email address if they are a faculty member.
$1000 Award for Art History Majors and Minors Wishing to Study Overseas Through a SUNY New Paltz Program or Independent Study.
Two Awarded Annually
Established by Professor Ed Lundergan and Carol Lundergan in 2020 in memory of Alison Wilhelmy ’09. This annual scholarship will support non-tuition expenses related to traveling overseas for academic purposes, specifically for SUNY New Paltz Art History majors studying abroad. Two awards will be made annually to students majoring or minoring in Art History who are in good standing with a GPA of 3.0. Students must be participating in a study abroad through the Center for International Programs or engaged in research with a faculty mentor that will enhance their studies in Art History. Applicants will submit a statement as part of their application that demonstrates their enthusiasm for Art History and how their travels will impact their learning.
- Are you participating in a SUNY New Paltz administered study abroad program or engaged in research with a faculty mentor abroad?
- Please provide the same of your faculty mentor for this study if applicable. (Note: only needed if option for mentor was selected in first question.)
- During what semester will you be engaged in your internship/experiential learning activity? (Select any that apply if it is more than one semester.)
- Where is the location of your study abroad opportunity? (Answers must contain country of destination.)
- In a brief essay, please discuss your enthusiasm for Art History and how you believe this study abroad opportunity will impact your learning.
Annually sponsors a paid part-time internship reporting to the director of the Dorsky Museum of Art.
2023-24 Recipient: Alessandra Papaleo '25
Annually funds a paid part-time internship at the Dorsky Musuem of Art.