Accreditation & Memberships
The College is fully accredited by:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680; phone: 267-284-5000
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
and is approved as a degree-granting institution by the Trustees of the State University of New York and the Regents of New York State.
Academic programs with national accreditation or certification include the following:
- School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- The Professional Education Unit and the School of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), 2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036; phone: 202-466-7496. This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs. NCATE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation to accredit programs for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel.
- The graduate program in Music Therapy is accredited by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
- Chemistry curriculum is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Electrical & Computer Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), 111 Market Place Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012.
- The Master of Science program in speech-language pathology (Department of Communication Disorders) is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, MD, 20850, phone: 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
- The Tutoring & Writing Center, part of the Center for Student Resources & Academic Support, is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
In addition, the Haggerty English Language Program is a member of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).