The College is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and is approved as a degree-granting institution by the Trustees of the State University of New York and the Regents of New York State.
Academic programs with national accreditation or certification include:
- School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- The Professional Education Unit and the School of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), 2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036; phone: (202) 466-7496. This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs. NCATE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation to accredit programs for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel.
- Music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The graduate program in Music Therapy is accredited by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
- Art programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- Theatre programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
- Chemistry curriculum is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Electrical & Computer Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- The Master of Science program in speech-language pathology (Department of Communication Disorders) is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
- The Tutoring & Writing Center, part of the Center for Student Resources & Academic Support, is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
In addition, the Haggerty English Language Program is a member of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).