What You Need to Know about the Purchasing Process
Understanding campus purchasing policies and the services offered by the Purchasing Department can be challenging. As one way of meeting this challenge, we provide this information to administrators, faculty and staff as a ready reference for purchasing guidelines. Formal, on-site, hands-on training is provided by the Purchasing Training Team to those individuals directly responsible for and involved in processing purchase requisitions.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need any assistance in this process, please call the Purchasing Office at X3190 or visit us in the Haggerty Administration Building, Room 307.
- What purchasing services are provided?
- What customer services are offered?
- Who has the legal authority to purchase?
- Who does the buying for me?
- What role do I play in the purchasing process?
- How does the purchasing process work?
- What are the Operational Guidelines and associated Threshold Levels for purchases and contracts?
- Customer pick-up
- Emergency orders
- Blanket purchase orders
- Sole source/single source purchase orders
- Sole source/single source procurement
- NYS Term Contracts
- NYS Preferred Sources
- Citibank Visa procurement card program
- Citibank Visa Procurement Card Excluded Purchases
- Who will follow up on my purchase orders?
- What happens to material once it is received?
- What if I want to ship something out?
- How should I deal with sales representatives?
- Schemes, scams and unethical practices?
- How is university equipment controlled?
- Use of personal vehicles for SUNY business
- Code of ethics
- What is the ultimate goal of purchasing
- Computer Equipment & Related Purchases