Sustainability Seed Funding Goals
- Foster sustainability leadership at SUNY New Paltz
- Integrate sustainability into aligned SUNY New Paltz institutional priorities
- Integrate sustainability across divisions
About this Program
The Sustainability Seed Fund is administered by the Office of Campus Sustainability. It is anticipated that a total of $6,000 of funding will be available during the 2022-23 academic year. Each funding request will be reviewed and the expenditure approved on a case-by-case, rolling basis.
Who can apply?
- Campus employees
Eligible Funding Requests
- Paid on-campus student internships and research projects, with close supervision from an academic or professional faculty member. The intention for this work is for the outcome of this research to have a lasting impact on campus, such as strengthening faculty sustainability-related teaching or research or that knowledge gained from findings will inform sustainability approaches and planning on campus.
- Professional development program registration fees - including off-campus, on-campus, or virtual programs. Check out the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) and the Sustainability Curriculum Consortium for upcoming opportunities.
- Materials and supplies for sustainability research, projects, and programs, in and outside of the classroom
- Guest speaker honorarium for a targeted audience
Using matching funds from other departments and sources is encouraged. For example, student funding requests could be paired with undergraduate research AYURE and SURE grants, especially for materials and supplies that support research activities. Student organizations should seek funding from the Student Association first.
Ineligible Funding Requests
Ineligible funding requests include but are not limited to:
- Employee extra service stipends
- Travel expenses including mileage, rental cars, hotels, and meals
- Off-campus projects
Budget Form for Sustainability Seed Fund
Post-Effort Assessment (required)
Final Assessment of Funding Impact (due one month after completion of the effort)