SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Vice President - Administration & Finance
Budget Title: Staff Associate
Local Title: Budget Analyst
Posting Date: September 11, 2023
Duties: SUNY New Paltz, the leading comprehensive public university in the Mid-Hudson Valley, seeks
candidates for the position of Budget Analyst in the Division of Administration & Finance. The Financial / Budget Analyst reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Budget. The analyst works with the AVP for Budget to manage the daily budget/accounts activity for the campus. Various financial reports are required related to both budgeted and actual expenditures.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Helps AVP for Budget in maintaining and administering the institutional budgets for core operating, IFR, DIFR, SUTRA and capital funds; preparing financial reports, special analyses, and studies as required for the efficient operation of the institution; working closely with the Assistant Vice President to ensure the maintenance of adequate budget records
• Responsible for completion of external reporting such as the Delaware Study, Economic Impact Statement, and other major budgeting reports both externally and internally
• Assist Institutional Research with providing analytical support to Academic Affairs including cost analysis and other fiscal reporting
• Responsible for all HR related internal reporting including headcount reports and other related external reporting as needed including IPEDS
• Security administration related to State Financial System, Payroll System, and SUNY Systems
• Certify bi-weekly payroll. (Backup)
• Aid in creating reports related to ongoing and annual budgeting process and daily account monitoring
• Management of Course Fee & Broad based fee requests
• Dual reporting structure between Budget Office and the Office of Institutional Research and Planning
• Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) or more years of progressively increasing responsibility in finance or budgeting
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment where multitasking and prioritization of work is necessary to succeed
• Demonstrated experience organizing, managing, and working with financial data
• Detail-oriented with strong data analytical, organizational, and technological skills
• Master’s Degree
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience working with SUNY
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3628.
Candidates will be required to electronically submit:
• cover letter
• contact information for three professional references
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2109
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members—students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/police/clery-compliance/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2109