SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Fine & performing Arts
Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Local Title: Marketing and Promotion Coordinator
Posting Date: August 31, 2023
Duties: The School of Fine & Performing Arts at SUNY New Paltz seeks an enthusiastic and creative person to coordinate efforts to promote events and activities in the Departments of Art, Art History, Music and Theatre Arts. The position is part-time, 18.75 hours per week.
The Marketing & Promotion Coordinator will collaborate with staff and faculty in the School of Fine & Performing Arts, the Office of Communication & Marketing and other units on campus to set marketing priorities, develop strategies and execute campaigns to attract positive attention to the School and to SUNY New Paltz as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, with an ability to compose, publish and distribute communications for web and print that combine written text, images, videos, and other assets. The coordinator will be the School of Fine & Performing Arts’ primary point of contact with the Office of Communication & Marketing, and will work closely with writers, editors, designers and web developers in that office on an array of collaborative communication projects, while adhering to the College branding standards.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Graphic design
• Coordinating design and print of physical marketing materials
• Use of a web content management system
• Use of an email marketing campaign system
• Management of social media accounts
• Liaising with partners on and off campus to promote the activities of the School of Fine & Performing Arts, its students, and its faculty
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or at least five (5) years relevant experience in lieu of degree
• Outstanding written, oral, and visual communication skills
• Computer-literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
• Strong interpersonal skills, organization skills, attention to detail, and attentiveness to deadlines
• Familiarity with social media tools, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• An analytic approach and a desire to make informed decisions based on data
• Background in the arts, experience working in an arts organization and/or in higher education
• Experience using a content management system to develop and maintain websites
• Advertising experience, including creating ads, placing ads and/or negotiating with ad reps
• Experience using an e-mail marketing platform to build, send and assess promotional communications
• Experience taking and editing photos and videos
• Knowledge of best practices in advertising, marketing and promotion
Contact Information: Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to electronically submit:
• cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications of the position
• contact information for three professional references
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2101
Deadline: Applications accepted until position filled; priority given to applications received before 9/25/23
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/police/clery-compliance/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2101