SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Transfer Admissions
Budget Title: Admissions Advisor
Local Title: Transfer Admission Counselor
Posting Date: August 9, 2023
Duties: The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the State University of New York at New Paltz seeks candidates for the position of Transfer Admission Counselor who will report to the Director of Transfer Admission.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
• Read and review prospective student’s application and determining whether they qualify for acceptance
• Recruitment events including Community Colleges located in the Boroughs of New York City and some local community college partners
• Work with prospective students to submit all documentation to complete their application and admission’s file
• Evaluate and articulate credits from prospective student’s previous institution
• Be an important piece of a new student’s onboarding; and working in conjunction with other campus partners to ensure a smooth transition for transfer students
• Participate and present at General Information Sessions on campus to prospective students
• General duties in support of operational needs as assigned by the Senior Leadership in Undergraduate Admission
• Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years of applicable job experience in university admissions
• Ability to work evenings and some weekends
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Master’s Degree preferred
Contact Information: Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to electronically submit:
• cover letter
• contact information for three professional references
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2074
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/police/clery-compliance/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2074