SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Inst. Media Svcs.
Budget Title: Assistant for Instructional Resources
Local Title: Audio Visual Engineer
Posting Date: November 7, 2022
Duties: Instructional Media Service (IMS) at the State University of New York at New Paltz invites applications for the position of Instructional Media Service Audio Visual Engineer.
This is a full-time, on-site position as a member of Instructional Media Service that supports campus classrooms and conference spaces. This individual has the primary responsibility of programming and maintaining audio-visual systems. Additionally, this position serves as backup support for departmental activities. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a learning mindset to work in a team-oriented environment. We are dedicated to supporting learning opportunities to enhance initiatives related to classroom technologies.
• Produce and deploy custom programing code and configurations for Crestron AV systems.
• Design and document Audio-Visual systems for installation and upgrades.
• Coordinate with vendors, contractors, clients, and internal IT to deliver and support AV systems.
• Receive and respond to trouble calls via service desk tickets, email, or chat
• Provides technical AV support, perform system diagnostics and troubleshooting.
• Provide design consultation and facilities project support.
• Assists with installation of AV systems and equipment.
• Assists with asset management and documentation.
• Assists with vendor oversight.
• Assists with purchasing and maintaining consumable stock inventory.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or 4 years full-time work experience providing AV installation and support.
• In-depth and broad knowledge of audio-visual technologies and equipment
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong written communication and customer service skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft products. (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint)
• Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding modern technologies.
• Ability to walk, stand, kneel, crouch and lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work on ladders.
• Experience producing and deploying Crestron AV Systems.
• Understanding of programming C#, HTML5, SIMPL Windows.
• Familiarity with using asset and ticket tracking software.
• Certifications in the Audio-Visual field.
• Experience working with and serving diverse populations.
• Experience providing technical support for higher education.
Contact Information: Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1855
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members—students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1855