SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Admission - Undergraduate
Budget Title: Admissions Advisor
Local Title: Transfer Evaluation and Admissions Specialist
Posting Date: August 26, 2022
Duties: The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the State University of New York at New Paltz seeks candidates for the position of Transfer Evaluation and Admissions Specialist, who will report to the Director of Transfer Admissions.
- Reads and reviews applications for transfer admissions at SUNY New Paltz.
- Responsible for evaluating and posting transfer credits and equivalencies for all accepted and incoming students, including transfers and freshmen.
- Responds to inquiries via email, phone, or in-person from both prospective and incoming students regarding the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Thorough knowledge of all transfer admissions policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the university and its academic and student support offerings
- Develops an understanding of articulation agreements and course equivalencies with local and regional community colleges.
- Assists with setup and execution of campus recruitment events when needed.
- Responsible for entering and organizing transfer events and transfer communication in Slate CRM.
- General office duties as assigned by the Director of Transfer Admission and other senior staff members in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of applicable job experience in a university admission setting.
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Master’s degree preferred.
Experience with Banner and Slate CRM.
Contact Information: Electronic submissions are required. Applicant will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references. Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1751
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full NYS benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the nation.
Recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs, New Paltz is a highly selective public college with about 8000 students. It is located on a beautiful campus 75 miles north of New York City in a picturesque area at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains with easy access to the City and nearby cultural and recreational amenities.
New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1751