SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Field Experiences
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Local Title: School-University Partnership Liaison
Posting Date: April 25, 2022
Duties: SUNY New Paltz seeks applicants for a part-time (.5FTE) Early Childhood/Childhood Education Liaison in the Office of Field Experiences in the School of Education.
- Working in conjunction with the Coordinator of Early Childhood & Childhood Education (ECCE), Academic Advising, and the Office of Field Experiences, coordinates and manages the fieldwork placement program for placements occurring in the Birth through Grade 6 range.
- Secures placements for several hundred fieldwork students each semester in grades PreK-6 in local area public and private schools, following school district protocols and ECCE Program guidelines;
- Collaborates with others in the Office of Field Experiences and the Dean’s Office to deploy relevant assessments through the assessment platform (Via);
- Maintains comprehensive records of fieldwork placements of the Office of Field Experiences information management system (Banner);
- Maintains and disseminates the comprehensive records of school placement contacts, as well as school district placement procedures and requirements;
- Coordinates procedures for fieldwork course registration in conjunction with the Elementary Education Advising Office and the Office of Field Experiences.
- Monitors fieldwork students’ applications for fieldwork, fingerprinting evidence, and fieldwork placements.
- Assists with fieldwork orientations together with fieldwork instructors and Coordinator of Field Experiences.
- Supports and fosters relationships with local district administrators and mentor teachers through visits and correspondence.
- Works with Coordinator of ECCE to evaluate of fieldwork experiences through the perspectives of multiple stakeholders (e.g., CTs, students, faculty) through multiple modes of data collection (e.g., Via, surveys, focus groups).
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education. Three years of experience in early childhood/childhood public school teaching and/or administration. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in web-based and desktop computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word), and the willingness and ability to learn new computer-based systems for managing, retrieving, and reporting on data. Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Travel by car to placement schools is required.
Contact Information: Electronic submission required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references. To apply, please visit
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1649