SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Faculty)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Budget Title: Instructor
Local Title: Music Therapy Instructor and Clinical Coordinator (Tenurable)
Posting Date: November 12, 2019
Duties: Serve as the Clinical Coordinator for the SUNY New Paltz Music Therapy Clinical Training Program and teach assigned courses dependent upon the needs of the music therapy program and the qualifications and interests of the applicant. The position includes coordination responsibilities related to practicum, field work, and internships; as well as student recruitment. This position is eligible for tenure, but not promotion.
We seek candidates with the demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to a faculty team dedicated to creating a positive, dynamic, and inclusive learning environment for an increasingly diverse student population.
• Master’s degree in Music Therapy or closely related field with a minimum of 12 semester hours or the equivalent number of graduate credits in music therapy beyond the undergraduate equivalency requirements;
• Current certification from the Certification Board for Music Therapists;
• Current NY Licensed Creative Arts Therapist;
• At least 5 years full-time music therapy clinical experience or its part-time equivalent;
• Experience supervising undergraduate and graduate music therapy fieldwork students and interns;
• Demonstrates mastery of all professional and applicable advanced competencies in music therapy;
• Effectiveness as a music therapy clinician in at least one area of practice;
• Must have a valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable transportation;
• The successful candidate will demonstrate good interpersonal communication, advocacy, and collaboration skills.
• Experience working with individuals with autism, intellectual/developmental disabilities, or physical rehabilitation.
Contact Information: Electronic submission required. To apply please visit:
All applicants will be asked to provide the following:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of supervision philosophy
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Proof of Board Certification
• Proof of NY License Creative Arts Therapist or Limited Permit
• Unofficial transcripts
• Names and contact information for 3 references. Professional references provided by applicants will receive an email with link to upload a reference letter.
Deadline: Application review will begin on 1/10/20 and continue until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply. The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1157