SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Adjunct)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Teaching and Learning
Budget Title: Adjunct Instructor
Local Title: Adjunct Instructor, Literacy Education Program
Posting Date: February 19, 2019
Duties: The Teaching and Learning Department at SUNY New Paltz seeks applications for Adjunct Instructor position(s). Successful candidates will be responsible for teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Literacy Education within the M.S. in Literacy Education and/or the Early Childhood Education and Childhood Education programs. Adjunct instructors in the program are expected to work closely with faculty and to develop and maintain strong mentorship relationships with students in the program.
• Master’s degree in Early Childhood/Childhood Education or Secondary Education
• Classroom teaching experience
• Certification in Literacy
• Minimum of five years working in a public school setting
• Experience teaching at the post-secondary level
• For courses in literacy methods K-6 for initial certification: working knowledge of the edTPA and availability to teach courses during the day
• For graduate courses for literacy certification Birth-12: experience working as a literacy coach and availability to teach courses scheduled in evenings and/or during the summer
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references. Please apply by emailing your application materials to Dr. Kiersten Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Other important information about this vacancy: The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Candidates who bring diverse cultural experience and who are especially qualified to mentor and advise all members of our diverse student population are especially encouraged to apply.
Web Site: www.newpaltz.edu