SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Research Foundation)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Migrant Education
Budget Title: Tutor
Local Title: Tutor Advocate
Posting Date: October 21, 2015
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly, Part-time
Duties: The Mid-Hudson Migrant Education provides individualized instruction and support services in order to promote the academic success of migrant eligible students. This is accomplished in partnership with migrant parents, youth, schools and community members. This position is renewed annually subject to the Research Foundation guidelines and the availability of grant funding. This is a non-exempt, hourly, part-time position. Successful candidates will work up to 35 hours a week.
Duties will include:
• Provide positive youth development and direct instructional services to migrant youth through tutoring, advocacy and support services in student homes, in-school and libraries
• Maintain contact with students’ teachers to align support with classroom instruction through a strategic approach
• Assist in planning/recruiting/chaperoning/transporting field trips and other program-sponsored events
• Participate in required professional development
• Submit timely and accurate required paperwork (instructional forms, activity logs, time sheets, travel reimbursement, etc.)
Qualifications: • Strong English oral and written communication skills
• Ability to develop goals aligned to student academic needs
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Bilingual Spanish preferred
• Personal transportation required
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: The Research Foundation for SUNY at New Paltz, located at The State University of New York at New Paltz, a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.