The Music department invites you to join our community of music creators, performers, and improvisors and explore ways music can make a difference in your life, your community and the world.
Auditions for Fall 2023 entry will be held on:
- April 1, 2023 - Open Audition (Current students, Freshmen or External/Transfer students) FULL
- April 15, 2023 - Open Audition (Current students, Freshmen or External/Transfer students) AVAILABLE
Undergraduate Music Audition FAQ - Please read answers to commonly asked questions about our audition process, audition concentration requirements, and faculty contacts for each area of study in the Admission page (black button under Resources links).
We are a fully accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music and the American Music Therapy Association.
Listen Forward on YouTube
Listen Forward is a video series led by an interdisciplinary team of faculty and students whose aim is to capture the essence of music in New Paltz through a curatorial process of exploration that deepens our understanding of the town we live in.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Build a foundation of musicianship based on performing, composing, interpreting, and improvising.
- Engage in a diverse range of multi-ethnic musical styles through study and participation that gives students a broad understanding of cultural, historical, political, and health-wellness contexts.
- Work effectively as a contributing member of a small team and larger group.
- Cultivate organizational and team-building skills to create and serve future communities.
- Synthesize foundational skills and knowledge to empower creative risk-taking in developing artistic career paths.
Meet Our Full-Time Faculty
Associate Chair, Voice
Composition, Recording and Electronic Music
Graduate Music Therapy
Violin and Viola
Director - Graduate Music Therapy
Sight-singing and Ear-training