Immerse yourself in the creation and performance of music
The Department of Music invites you to join our community of music creators, performers, and improvisors and explore ways music can make a difference in your life, your community and the world.
As a music student, you will:
- Build a foundation of musicianship based on performing, composing, interpreting, and improvising.
- Engage in a diverse range of multi-ethnic musical styles through study and participation that gives students a broad understanding of cultural, historical, political, and health-wellness contexts.
- Work effectively as a contributing member of a small team and larger group.
- Cultivate organizational and team-building skills to create and serve future communities.
- Synthesize foundational skills and knowledge to empower creative risk-taking in developing artistic career paths.
Listen Forward is a video series led by an interdisciplinary team of faculty and students whose aim is to capture the essence of music in New Paltz through a curatorial process of exploration that deepens our understanding of the town we live in.
Meet Our Full-Time Faculty
Associate Chair, Voice
Composition, Recording and Electronic Music
Violin and Viola
Director - Graduate Music Therapy
Sight-singing and Ear-training