Travel Expense Report
PLEASE NOTE: An expense report must be completed for every trip taken!
Even if all expenditures were pre-paid and no reimbursement is required!
- to document actual expenditures of trip for reimbursement
- to reimburse traveler for actual expenditures that were approved for official state business
- to provide original receipts showing method of payment with 0 balance due
- to include authorized signatures for actual payment of travel
- to close the open travel requisition
- to provide the final agenda/itinerary and details of trip (complete Travel Expense Detail Sheet if necessary)
How to complete the form
Required Information – all gray areas must be completed
- Requisition Number, Account Number(s) and amounts for each account if there are multiple funding sources
- Name, Department Name, Title, complete Residence, Departing, and Destination addresses, Departure and Return dates and times, Purpose for Trip
- list registration fee, include a paid receipt
- if membership fee was required to attend conference, attach a justification form with receipt
- list mode of transportation used with cost and original receipt attached
- list mileage break down if personal car was used on an Automobile Travel Statement (round off to nearest mile)
- list cost of lodging expense with original receipt attached (receipt should show zero balance due)
- if lodging expense exceeds per diem, a justification form is required
- list meals by number of days and per diem or day trip rate totals, no receipts required, unless charged on travel card (round off meals up or down accordingly)
- list details of all incidentals with cost of each expense separately
- list any prepayments made prior to taking trip, then deduct (in Summary B-E) from total of reimbursement. The total amount should only reflect what is owed to you after the trip. (In some cases, this may be zero – or if an advance was given prior to the trip, you may owe!)
- supervisor and authorized signature for account approval must sign
Travel expense reports should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com, promptly upon return from trip for a faster reimbursement, but not later than 30 days after trip was taken. Reimbursements will now be processed in the form of a direct deposit or a check based on the way the employee’s payroll payment is currently set up.