Foreign Travel


Travel outside the United States is reimbursed based on the maximum per diem allowance established by the US Department of State.  Foreign travel requires translation of all receipts submitted for reimbursement and a copy of the currency conversion tables based on the date of the expense. 

Reimbursement for visa fees requires a copy of the passport page showing the fee as proof of payment.

All foreign travel requires out-of-country pre-approval prior to taking the trip.  Submit the completed travel requisition to the travel office,, to obtain an authorized signature required by NYS, at least 30 days prior to departure date.

*Important: Beginning mid 2025, some European countries will have new entry requirements.

Travelers will need to apply in advance for authorization through a visa process known as the EU Travel Information & Authorization System (ETIAS). You can find details on the EU travel website.