Who We Are:
The Empire State Writing Project Network (ESWPN) is a network of New York State sites affiliated with the National Writing Project. Each NWP site is a partnership of college or university and pre-K – 12 teachers in all disciplines devoted to the improvement of teaching and learning in schools and districts. Because our sites link educators at all levels of the system, we are uniquely positioned to create and provide teachers and schools with clinically rich, research-based, and timely professional learning.
ESWPN is uniquely positioned to help NYS teachers and schools:
- Align curriculum, instruction, assessment, and teacher evaluation guidelines suggested by Common Core State Standards for literacy
- Develop and implement effective techniques for writing, thinking, and assessment to improve the learning of students of all ages and
in all subject areas.
- Establish sustainable professional development programs that build local capacity for improving curriculum and instruction, and student
- Incorporate digital tools in effective ways to support 21st century learners in all subject areas.
- Capital District Writing Project at the University at Albany, SUNY
- Central New York Writing Project at Onondaga Community College
- Genesee Valley Writing Project at the University of Rochester
- Hudson Valley Writing Project at SUNY New Paltz
- Leatherstocking Writing Project at SUNY Oneonta
- Long Island Writing Project at Nassau Community College
- New York City Writing Project at Lehman College, CUNY
- Seven Valleys Writing Project at SUNY Cortland
- Western New York Writing Project