How To Apply for Aid -
View our step-by-step guide here.
What Needs to be Completed -
View our helpful checklist to see if you've completed all the steps to finalize your aid package.
Award Notices -
Freshmen: Preliminary award packages for new freshmen get mailed home in late March. Freshmen with complete files will receive an email notification to accept/decline their aid on my.newpaltz in early May.
Continuing/Transfer: Continuing students will receive an email notification to accept/decline their aid on my.newpaltz in early May.
How to Accept Aid Online -
These navigation tips outline the step-by-step process of accepting aid on my.newpaltz.
Direct Student Loans -
New borrowers at New Paltz must complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
Direct Parent PLUS Loan -
The student can accept a Parent Plus loan as part of their aid package on my.newpaltz. This Plus Loan Info Sheet outlines the details of the loan and application process (Which must be followed carefully to ensure the application is complete!). You can also view the Federal brochure here. Apply online after June 1st on studentloans.gov.
• The Parent PLUS loan is a federal loan in the parent’s name.
• The 2013/2014 interest rate is 6.41%.
• There is an origination fee of 4.204% of the principal. The origination fee will be deducted from the loan prior to disbursement. Example: if you borrow $1000 in Plus, the origination fee will be applied... and $958 will get disbursed to the school.
• The PLUS loan requires an approved credit check and a promissory note completed at www.studentloans.gov. Login using the parent FAFSA pin and select 'REQUEST A DIRECT PLUS LOAN' to apply. See: PLUS Instructions. The application must be completed each year that you want the loan.
• If a parent is denied a PLUS then the student can be offered additional unsubsidized student loan to help cover costs OR the parent can add a credit-worthy endorser to the PLUS app. Contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com if you've been denied and want to take out additional unsubsidized student loans.
Need help applying for PLUS? Call the Applicant Services Department at 800-557-7394.
STUDENT ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
Student's receive an email notification after registering for classes (after orientation for new students) to review and accept the charges on their semester bill via their my.newpaltz.edu.
Financial Aid Deferrals - Accepted aid will show as a deferral on the invoice. You will be responsible for any remaining balance due by the due date on your invoice.
Making Payments - You can pay online, by mail, in person, via drop box, by phone, or via EFT. See: Ways to Pay
Time Payment Plan - The New Paltz Time Payment Plan allows you to make installment payments toward the cost of tuition, fees, and on campus room and board during the Fall and Spring semesters. See: New Paltz Time Payment Plan
Authorized User - Are you trying to view your student's account information? Students have the ability to add the parent as an authorized user to view their account info. The student must login to my.newpaltz.edu and navigate to 'My Student Account to 'add an authorized user'. The parent will then receive an email with a link. That link will provide account information and the ability to make payments.
Questions you need answered? Permission must be granted by the student to discuss account-specific billing information with a parent or guardian. See: Waiver for the Release of Information.
Visit the Student Accounts Home Page for additional information on tuition or billing.