Financial Aid Checklist
Stay on track! What’s Next for Financial Aid?
- File the FAFSA at studentaid.gov. New Paltz recommended filing date is March 1. Confirm/update school code 002846.
- New York State (NYS) residents have the opportunity to apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and the Excelsior Scholarship at hesc.ny.gov. All students, including mid-year transfer students, confirm/update school code 0925.
- Review financial aid application status on my.newpaltz.edu and submit any outstanding requirements.
- Pay deposit to attend and sign up for Orientation.
- New students will electronically receive preliminary estimated aid notifications beginning in February.
- Official financial aid notifications will be electronically sent beginning in early May to deposit paid new students and continuing students. FAFSA application and requested financial aid requirements must first be received. Review and accept/decline financial aid on my.newpaltz.edu.
- Submit final transcripts from high school and previous college(s) to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Student borrowers must complete federal direct loan requirements at studentaid.gov. Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) are required for first-time borrowers.
- Parents may apply for a Federal Direct Parent (PLUS) Loan. Complete the loan application at studentaid.gov; if approved, complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Students will be prompted to review a Financial Responsibility Statement and agree to the terms prior to registration. After registration the semester invoice will be sent electronically. Review semester invoice and make payment at my.newpaltz.edu.
- Setup Direct Deposit (Payment Profile) for quick access to aid refunds.
- Confirm enrollment at my.newpaltz.edu when prompted, at least one week prior to the start of classes.