New Paltz Logo
Dates and Costs




* You will only pay the orientation fee during your first semester.
** The I-20 total has been rounded.



  • Room & board includes the price for on-campus housing in residence halls with two students per room and a full meal plan (19 meals/week). New students are encouraged to live on-campus their first term. The university does not provide assistance with off-campus housing.
  • All international students are required to purchase the State University of New York Health Insurance Policy. We do not accept applications for a waiver of the insurance requirement.



Conditionally admitted students in Level 4 Academic Purposes of HELP can take an academic class at SUNY New Paltz along with their ESL courses if they meet the specific criteria to do so. Charges for those courses follow standard SUNY New Paltz tuition fees. For more information on University fees, visit the SUNY New Paltz Tuition & Fees page. Student visa holders pay NON-NYS resident rates. 



We accept credit card, cash, travelers check, personal check, or wire transfer. Other than the application fee, all other payments are made upon arrival during orientation. 



  • The billable total is your Student Bill from SUNY New Paltz.
  • The non-billable total is your estimated cost-of-living expense.
  • The I-20 total is the amount of funding you will need to have in order to receive your I-20 and get your visa.  This amount shows the U.S. government you can cover your academic expenses and your living expenses.

If you have questions about part-time study, refund policies, or other payment issues,
please e-mail or call +1-845-257-3595.

Last updated: July 8, 2019

Latest News