The Haggerty English Language Institute faculty and staff have put together a list of useful websites and resources that our international students can easily find and use to practice their English language skills. Click the skill topic below to view a list for each.
For additional English language help, be sure to speak to our faculty. Or talk to the ESL Student Advisor Jason Serrano about available tutoring services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listening - ESL
Listening - General
Listening – ESL
Listening – General
Sign up for a Conversation Partner or the Community Ambassador Program!
- Glogster - Interactive posters – easily insert photos, videos, and audio from the Internet.
- Prezi - Interactive presentations that allow you to fly and zoom. A neat alternative to PowerPoint.
- Corkboard - A place to keep notes for yourself with easy to add graphics. Access your to-do list from any computer.
- Blabberize - Put a moving mouth on any image and record your own audio to go with it.
- Storybird - Create your own stories with illustrations and text. Share your stories with others.
- Scratch - Sign up for an account and create your own games.
- Doink - Create your own Flash-style animations and post them to YouTube and Facebook.
Note: SUNY New Paltz does not work with or endorse any website or company listed above.