When can an incomplete grade request be submitted?
- Student has successfully completed three quarters of the coursework
- Student has personal emergency preventing remaining work from being submitted
- Faculty agrees that an incomplete is appropriate
- Faculty has NOT submitted final course grade
What is the process to submit the incomplete grade?
- After the student and instructor agree that an incomplete grade will be granted based upon the policy, the student submits the request electronically. Go to my.newpaltz.edu > Registration > Request Incomplete Grade
- The Request for Incomplete grade will be emailed to the faculty. The faculty will have the option to approve or decline the incomplete grade
Note to student and faculty: The student must submit the request and the faculty must approve this request before the option of the “I” grade will be available on the grading roster.
Note to faculty: Approving the student request DOES NOT enter the “I” grade. This grade must be entered on the grading roster by the faculty.
How is the course graded after the work is submitted?
- All work must be submitted by student by the deadline listed in the Academic Calendar
- Faculty will use the Grade Change Form to enter the grade by the incomplete grading deadline listed in the Academic Calendar. Go to my.newpaltz.edu > Faculty Services > Teaching Menu > Grade Change Request Form
How can faculty grant an extention?
To request an extension, faculty will use the Grade Change Form to request the change to the deadline. Go to my.newpaltz.edu > Faculty Services > Teaching Menu > Grade Change Request Form
Please review the Policies on Incomplete Grades to learn more about requesting, grading and granting extensions for incomplete grades