Records and Registration
- A collaboration among the Office of Records & Registration, the Division of Student Affairs, and IT, the Co-Curricular Transcript documents the skills a student has learned outside the classroom. Experiences are approved by a college employee, maximizing the academic validity of transcripts for use by graduates entering the job market.
- Records & Registration prides itself on staying innovative, including its use of the “preferred name” system. New Paltz is one of the few colleges to allow students to choose their preferred name for contact on all documentation and for teacher use on class rosters.
- The office mails certificates to students who complete non-credit bearing certificate programs as a way to officially recognize completion of courses. Certificates stating majors and minors, information that does not appear on diplomas, are also provided.
- Records & Registration has hired a national consultant to ensure that the office is following best practices in higher education for scheduling courses and working with students.
- New course scheduling criteria has been implemented and office staff continues to go above and beyond to cater to students’ needs.