New Review and Approval Process for All Purchases
Dear Members of the Campus Community:
In accordance with the President and VP Halstead’s email regarding the economic and financial impact of COVID-19, all purchase requests now require review and approval by your Dean or divisional Vice President (or designee) before being forwarded to the purchasing office. All P-card purchases should also have your Dean or divisional Vice President’s approval as part of your documentation. Your Vice President (or designee) will advise you on how to obtain approval for purchases.
As a reminder, all purchase requests that are approved and forwarded to the purchasing office during this time should be related to health and safety concerns or should be purchases that cannot be delayed due to programmatic requirements.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Assistant Vice President for Administration
What You Need to Know about the Purchasing Process
Understanding campus purchasing policies and the services offered by the Purchasing Department can be challenging. As one way of meeting this challenge, we provide this information to administrators, faculty and staff as a ready reference for purchasing guidelines. Formal, on-site, hands-on training is provided by the Purchasing Training Team to those individuals directly responsible for and involved in processing purchase requisitions.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need any assistance in this process, please call the Purchasing Office at X3190 or visit us in the Haggerty Administration Building, Room 307.
- How to Prepare a Purchase Requisition
- What purchasing services are provided?
- What customer services are offered?
- Who has the legal authority to purchase?
- Who does the buying for me?
- What role do I play in the purchasing process?
- How does the purchasing process work?
- What are the Operational Guidelines and associated Threshold Levels for purchases and contracts?
- Customer pick-up
- Emergency orders
- Blanket purchase orders
- Sole source/single source purchase orders
- Sole source/single source procurement
- NYS Term Contracts
- NYS Preferred Sources
- Citibank Visa procurement card program
- Visa Procurement Card Program Guidelines & Overview
- Citibank Visa Procurement Card Excluded Purchases
- Who will follow up on my purchase orders?
- What happens to material once it is received?
- What if I want to ship something out?
- How should I deal with sales representatives?
- Schemes, scams and unethical practices?
- How is university equipment controlled?
- Code of ethics
- What is the ultimate goal of purchasing
- Computer Equipment & Related Purchases