Code of Ethics
We subscribe to the National Association of Educational Buyers (NAEB) Code of Ethics:
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive offerers equal consideration insofar as the established policies of my institution permit, and regard each transaction on its' own merits.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of mutual confidence and integrity, void of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Use only by consent original ideas and designs devised by one vendor for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade and industrial associations, governmental and private agencies engaged in the promotion and development of sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and promote a spirit of unity among them.