Edit Page

Asian Studies

Minor > Declaring the Minor

Currently enrolled students who are considering a Minor in Asian Studies should meet with an Asian Studies faculty member (ideally before or during the student's first year studying an Asian Language at SUNY New Paltz), to discuss interests and priorities, and to determine a proposed plan of study.

To Declare the Minor, students submit:

1. Current College Progress Report
2. with any completed courses filled in, and any proposed courses pencilled in -- to be discussed in consultation with the faculty advisor, and maintained in the student's Asian Studies Folder to track progress toward graduation
3. Completed Declaration of Minor form (available from the Records and Registration website or office), signed by the faculty advisor.

When all items are ready, Asian Studies office forwards the student's Declaration of Minor paperwork to the Records and Registration office in HAB 19, and the Minor appears on the student's Progress Report.